Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
BCAA has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 2021!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag, but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA's Prince George Service Location is looking for a Regular Full-time Assistant Manager!
This position is responsible for supporting the Manager, Service Location in leading and managing a sales team to deliver on financial, productivity, Member experience, risk management and engagement goals. The Assistant Manager will oversee the daily sales operations by providing on-the-floor supervision and coaching, and implementing and promoting of BCAA’s corporate initiatives, standards and practices. This position will also assist Members as needed. The Assistant Manager is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our Members to enable BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
Financial Growth and Productivity
Responsible for supporting the sales team to the achievement of corporate financial and productivity goals through the acquisition of new business and retention of current business (Membership and Insurance) and optimization of staffing levels within the location, as measured by:
- Gross and net sales growth
- Membership count
- Increased product penetration per household
- Effective management to optimize resources during all hours of operation
- Seamless implementation of business transformation solutions and other changes as required
- Management of budget and expenses
- Supporting the development and execution of the location business plan.
People Leadership and Engagement
With the Manager, Service Location, responsible for maintaining a high-energy, effective work environment with an engaged and productive sales team, by:
- Building a talented team through consistent and disciplined coaching
- Effectively communicating the alignment of corporate, team and individual goals
- Setting clear expectations and holding team members accountable
- Consistently recognizing team members
- Supporting personal development plans and succession planning
- Injecting positive energy and fun into the workplace
- In collaboration with other internal business partners, retaining engaged and skilled sales team members and managing team member performance
Responsible for supporting the overall experience for Members, as measured by Member experience scores (Net Promoter score, Voice-of-the-Member), and including:
- Sells and upgrades BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members, as needed
- Supporting workflow and daily operations to optimize the Member experience
- Leading with a one-team approach across all Member-facing channels to provide a seamless Member experience during all types of Member interactions
- Communicating and reinforcing Member experience standards and expectations to team members
- Handling of Member queries and escalations
Disciplined Risk Management
With the Manager, Service Location, responsible for ensuring the Service Locations operations, document processing and Member interactions are in compliance with corporate and insurance partner standards and policies.
- Completion of opening and closing activities and adherence to security requirements
- Reviews documents and policies and provides policy authorizations as needed
- Provides coaching to fortify the team’s disciplined risk management practices
- Ensures adherence to audit and underwriting standards to minimize risk and limit potential for errors and omissions
- Documents, investigates and reports any potential risk issues or concerns
- Completion of post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in marketing or business, with a minimum four years insurance experience including two years at a supervisory or management level in an insurance, financial or sales environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Level 2 insurance license and able to obtain Level 3 insurance license in compliance with the Insurance Council of British Columbia Insurance Agent Requirements:
- Must have been licensed for 5 of the last 7 years, with a minimum of 3 years as a level 2 general insurance agent
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytical and problem-solving skills to meet and exceed sales goals and targets
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Proven judgment and decision-making abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Sales coaching and performance management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to effective time manage and
- prioritize activities
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with supervising an insurance agency
- Level 3 insurance license or CAIB certification
- Completion of Autoplan Essentials
- Completion of BCAA insurance-related and leadership training
- Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
- Limited history of errors & omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
- Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.