Shaw Sabey & Associates Ltd.
1275-555 Burrard St., Vancouver, BC
Commercial Lines Assistant
Level One Licensee
Job ID: 6114
Click here to find more jobs posted by this employer
We’re looking for people who are continuously growing – from Good to Great, from Great to Elite.
We’re looking for YOU.
The Axis Insurance Group dares to be Elite. We strive to be the best in our industry, helping people protect what matters most to them. We innovate. We collaborate. We push ourselves, and one another, to be more than we were the day before. To work with us means approaching each day with a passion for what you do, knowing that you make a difference – to your clients, to your colleagues, to yourself.
As an Account Administrator, a typical day might include:
- Preparing submissions for insurance marketing purposes, negotiating terms & conditions with underwriters
- Presenting insurance quotes &/or renewals to clients, obtaining orders, and binding coverage with underwriters
- Issuing invoices, endorsements, cover notes, financing contracts, etc.
- Inputting data on new claims and updating clients on claims status
- Handling routine customer & Account Executive inquiries
- Managing daily administration of client accounts (correspondence; policy, contract, and lease agreement wording review; policy documentation issuance)
You are passionate about:
- Providing friendly, professional service
- Making a positive difference to those around you
- Sharing ideas and working with a great team of proactive, innovative thinkers
- Learning, growing, and pushing past barriers
- Living with integrity
- Taking ownership of your work and actions
You’re outstanding at:
- Building relationships – with clients, with underwriters, with colleagues … YOU are a people person!
- Staying on top of priorities … YOU know every deadline and make sure things get done on time, every time!
- Paying attention to the little things that make a big difference … YOU dot your I’s, cross your T’s, and check all your boxes to make sure it’s done right ... the first time!
- Managing your time … even with multiple balls in the air and changing priorities, YOU keep your cool, knowing you’ve got this!
- Proactively getting stuff done … YOU follow up and follow through!
- Working behind the scenes to ensure an exceptional customer experience … YOU know that the customer expects excellence … and so do you!
- 1- 3 years of Commercial Insurance experience
- General Agent Level II Insurance license through the Insurance Council of BC, or acquiring within 6 months
You want a leg up?
- CAIB or CIP insurance designation
- Experience using the Epic broker management system
What’s in it for YOU?
- Fun! From casual attire workdays & birthday celebrations to team-building events, contests, and giveaways, we believe that a happy team makes a happy workplace!
- Career potential & leadership opportunities. We pride ourselves on training and mentoring for success.
- Competitive Employee Benefits Plan. The Axis Group has customized medical, dental, long-term disability, AD&D, critical illness, and life insurance coverage for you & your family.
- Work/Life Balance. Our offices operate 8:30am – 4:30pm, so no evenings or weekends. And we offer competitive vacation time and flex work options, meaning more time for you to get out and do YOU.
We’re excited to meet YOU!
The Axis Insurance Group is committed to fostering a culture of mutual respect and inclusion, recognizing that our success is enhanced by diversity. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain top talent from a diverse candidate pool.
Find us at: