Insurance Advisor is a key member of our Galiano Island office team and will be responsible for assisting Autoplan and Personal Lines clientele.
The primary focus is to provide front-line customer service of Personal Lines and Autoplan policies and take responsibility for the retention and account development of existing clients, quote and place new business as required.
Specific Responsibilities Include but Not Limit to: (We will train the right candidate)
- Servicing on-going client needs, advise on insurance matters, conduct needs assessment, recommend solutions, answer inquiries, conduct are calls and process renewals
- Sell new policies/writing new business to existing or new clients, retain existing book of business in an effort to grow book of business
- Innovative in generating sale leads through new avenues as well as existing resources
- Contact Underwriters and Adjusters to discuss guidelines and policy
- Prepare documentation for insurers, complete applications for clients, issue insurance certificates, process changes and renew renewals
- Keep current on underwriting rules and workflow processes
- Actively participate in training initiatives
- High School and/or Post Secondary Education
- Must have Level 1 license
- Great command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Have experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong customer focus and administration skills
- A positive and team-focused attitude
- Available for some weekend or evening shifts
Regardless of your position within our Company, we offer a lucrative commission structure and an attractive benefits package which features a comprehensive extended health plan, vision & dental plan, long-term disability coverage, and a number of other important components designed to provide financial security to you and your family.
Gulf Islands Insurance Agencies at Galiano, BC is part of the InsureBC Group; one of the largest insurance broker networks in British Columbia with over 90 locations. We offer a positive work environment, solid opportunity for personal growth as well as a competitive compensation package. Please email your resume to . No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in The InsureBC Group but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.